University of Washington School of Public Health
Distinguished Alumni Award Nomination
Each year the School's Distinguished Alumni Award Committee opens nominations for the Distinguished Alumni Award. The School’s Distinguished Alumni Award Committee is pleased to announce the opening of nominations for the Distinguished Alumni Award.
Nominations and CVs must be received by August 31, 2017.
The Distinguished Award recognizes an alum with a demonstrated record of distinguished service and achievement in public health in any public health discipline or setting.
The Selection Committee will evaluate candidates based on the following criteria:
- Real World Impact - Extent to which the nominee's work has resulted in applied research, technology, programs, or policies that have positively impacted people, from local to global causes and from special segments to the general population.
- Innovation & Creativity - Extent to which the nominee's work has broken new ground, created novel methods, or otherwise influenced new processes or systems.
- Service - Extent to which the nominee has "given back" to communities at large as well as educational and/or professional communities, as demonstrated by participation in community meetings, advocacy groups, committees, task forces, or professional societies.
- Leadership - Extent to which the nominee has led others either directly or by example in bringing change to existing programs or implementing new programs and/or by guiding, teaching, or mentoring others towards wider successes.
- Ambassadorship - Extent to which the nominee or his/her work has elevated the reputation of the School of Public Health and/or the University of Washington. Extent to which the nominee has acted as a champion of the School and/or the University to external audiences.
Nominees must be graduates of the UW School of Public Health.
To nominate a candidate, click the button below to fill out an online nomination form.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.