University of Washington School of Public Health
Clinical Trial Recruitment and Retention Coordinator - Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB)
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: January 23, 2017
Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB) is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to help conquer cancer and other diseases through the application of biostatistical principles and data management methods.
The Clinical Trial Recruitment and Retention Coordinator is responsible for recruitment and retention support for investigators and staff of SWOG (a worldwide network of researchers conducting cancer clinical trials). This position will initiate, develop, coordinate and implement recruitment, retention and adherence plans for cancer treatment, cancer care delivery, survivorship, symptom management and cancer prevention clinical trials. This position will assist with staff training related to recruitment. The position will support and participate in several SWOG committees. This position reports to the SWOG Data Management Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, coordinates and supports activities promoting clinical trial recruitment including the development of strategies for the recruitment of minority and other special populations
- Serves as a resource and works closely with study teams to propose and implement strategies to meet target accrual goals and promote study adherence and retention
- Consistently exercises sound judgment and discretion developing recruitment materials that conform to regulatory standards including HIPAA, OHRP and GCP
- Establishes timelines to support the timely release of recruitment materials and strategies
- Provides organizational support to the SWOG Recruitment and Retention Committee Chair
- Collaborates with the SWOG Public Relations Manager, SWOG Committees, NCI researchers and advocacy groups with respect to recruitment issues and dissemination of information related to cancer clinical trials
- Creates and maintains electronic files, a resource library of articles and a network of contacts to assist investigators and staff locally, regionally and nationally with recruitment projects
- Assists the SWOG Training Manager with content for staff training related to recruitment strategies
- Assists the Data Management Program Manager with the annual NCORP Workshop agenda, invitations, and meeting materials
- Participates in SWOG committee meetings, conference calls and webinars with formal and informal presentations as assigned by the Program Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, public health science, or a related field; commensurate experience in the position’s areas of responsibility may substitute for a degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a medical setting with research, tumor registry, or clinical trial recruitment and retention
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Ability to travel as required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in behavioral science, public health science, or a related field
- Experience in an oncology setting preferred
- Experience applying and using graphic design and visual aids for staff training and patient educational materials
- Knowledge and experience in the use of social media related to clinical trials
- Experience preparing budgets and/or research grants
- Knowledge of special populations and diverse groups with regards to access and inclusion in clinical trials
- Spanish language proficiency a plus
This position is full time.
Employment authorization is required.
Travel/relocation expenses will not be provided for this position.
CRAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In your cover letter, describe how your skills and experience match the qualifications for the position.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter with position number via U.S. Mail, FAX or email to:
Cancer Research And Biostatistics
Attn: Hiring Coordinator
1730 Minor Avenue, Suite 1900
Seattle, WA 98101-1468
FAX: (206) 342-1689