University of Washington School of Public Health
Reports Analyst/Programmer - Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB)
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: February 21, 2017
Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB) is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to help conquer cancer and other diseases through the application of biostatistical principles and data management methods.
With minimal supervision, this position will develop and maintain tools for internal and external reporting projects, and prepare reports for publications, regulatory submissions, presentations and other communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds, maintains, and provides technical assistance with reports, batch jobs, and data transfer systems
- Prepares periodic reports for CRAB’s regulatory agencies and partners
- Creates custom reports and batch jobs to automate business processes
- Translates general high-level project requests into detailed tasks and ensures the completion of these tasks
- Performs quality control procedures on all programming, confirming accuracy of programs and applications from creation through implementation
- Ensures adherence to established security policies for accessing analytical data, and standards for development and documentation
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or related degree, or four years of relevant technical programming experience may substitute for degree
- PLUS an additional three years of programming experience with R or SAS
- Minimum two years reporting experience with systems such as R, SAS, SSRS, or Crystal reports
- Minimum two years database design or SQL programming experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server, or MySQL
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with clinical trials
- Proficiency with research, oncology and medical terminology
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective collaboration
- Experience programming and validating SDTM and ADaM data sets
- C# skills a plus
- Spanish language skills a plus
This position is full time and is Exempt from state and federal overtime regulations.
Employment authorization is required.
Travel/relocation expenses will not be provided for this position.
CRAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In your cover letter, describe how your skills and experience match the qualifications for the position.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter with position number via U.S. Mail, FAX or email to:
Cancer Research And Biostatistics
Attn: Hiring Coordinator
1730 Minor Avenue, Suite 1900
Seattle, WA 98101-1468
FAX: (206) 342-1689