University of Washington School of Public Health
Senior Implementation Coach - Healthcare Revenue Cycle - McKinsey & Company
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: March 1, 2017
You’ll work with McKinsey Implementation - a rapidly growing capability within the firm - in one of our offices in North America. Senior Implementation Coaches are on the ground with clients ensuring that implementation success is a priority. We engage at a deep level, working in small teams to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and then ensure those results will be sustained. Our work is about coaching and delivering lasting outcomes.
Being part of our team of implementation consultants opens you up to great opportunities, including gaining powerful experience in the healthcare sector and riving lasting impact on critical issues that confront leading healthcare institutions. You’ll join an outstanding and rapidly growing team with a strong emphasis on professional development, with opportunities to develop at your pace delivering impact on critical issues that confront leading institutions in North America and beyond.
Focused on healthcare engagements, you’ll work closely with our client project teams providing end-to-end support ensure our clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended change in their business.
You will help the clients build capabilities in delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations. You’ll encourage clients to achieve success beyond their expectations while delivering sustainable change which incorporates McKinsey’s latest thinking. Additionally, you will manage projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. You will develop trust-based relationships with clients and be seen as a specialist in implementation and delivering results.
- 5-10 years of experience in a health care environment with end to end revenue cycle transformation experience, including patient access, coding, clinical documentation, billing, A/R management, and related IT systems
- History of managing projects or programs that significantly improved revenue cycle performance (e.g., improved patient collections, reduced denial write-offs, increased accuracy of clinical documentation and coding, accelerated back-end cash collections, etc.)
- Graduate degree preferred: MBA, MHA or in healthcare/medical related discipline (e.g., M.D., R.N.)
- Experience leading change transformations and/or operations projects
- Strong people skills and ability to engage all levels of the organization (especially front line)
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work at all levels of a client organization
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations
- Understanding of the principles of change management and performance metrics and dialogs
- Comfort with extensive travel (4-5 days a week)
Click here to apply.