University of Washington School of Public Health
Health Officer (PT) - Spokane Regional Health District
Part-time position, 30 hours per week
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: March 3, 2017
EMPLOYMENT BULLETIN: JOB #17-4 STATUS: Regular Part-Time
OPENS: February 3, 2017 CLOSES: Open until filled, or until sufficient applications are received
DIVISION: Administration PROGRAM:
SCHEDULE: .75 FTE (30 hours/wk.)
This registry may also be used for any additional Health Officer positions with similar qualifications which may occur in the next 6 months.
SALARY RANGE: The adjusted annual salary range (based on .75 FTE) for this position is $112,500 to $158,298.84 ($9,375.00 to $13,191.57 monthly). Placement on the salary range is dependent upon experience. Position includes a comprehensive benefits package.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS (incomplete applications or those missing required documents may not be considered):
- Fully Completed SRHD Application
- Background check form
- Cover Letter
• Enforce local and state public health laws, serving as the chief medical officer for the health district and providing highly complex staff assistance. This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
• This position reports to the Spokane Regional Health District Administrator.
• The health officer must have a Master’s in Public Health or its equivalent in accordance with RCW 70.05.051
• Prefer Five years directly related public health experience including tuberculosis control.
• The local health officer must be an experienced physician licensed to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery in this state; and who is qualified or provisionally qualified in accordance with the standards prescribed in RCW 70.05.050 through 70.05.055 to hold the office of local health officer.
• Registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency for prescription of controlled substances.
• Valid motor vehicle license and current auto insurance
Other (preferred work outside of the Health District):
• Ideally, the Health Officer would work part-time in a clinical setting in the community or have a similar relationship. This work is not paid for by the Health District.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• The local health officer must have knowledge of all pertinent federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations and policies governing public health; epidemiology and disease control; principles of effective leadership; public relations and community organization and collaboration.
• The health officer must be able to evaluate health service programs; maintain effective community relations; interpret and comply with applicable local, state and federal regulations; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Conducts himself or herself in a professional and courteous manner when dealing with the board, the public, community partners and staff. Maintains the highest standards of ethical behavior; and perform such other tasks as reasonably directed by the administrator.
For an application form, visit us at http://srhd.org/health-officer.asp or contact the office of Human Resource Services by mail or phone. Please see reverse side for additional application information.
- Master’s in Public Health (or equivalent)
- Experienced physician licensed to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery in the state of Washington
- Registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency for prescription of controlled substances
- Valid motor vehicle license and current auto insurance