University of Washington School of Public Health
Histotechnologist - PAML (Pathology Associates Medical Laboratories)
This position is open to undergraduates.
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: March 8, 2017
|Summary Job Description|
The Histotechnologist performs all routine procedures in orienting, sectioning, and staining tissue and Non-gyn specimens, to produce slides which will aid the pathologist in diagnosis. Recognize problems, identify the cause (technical and instrumental) and make simple corrections. Use and monitor quality control procedures. Confirm results through in-depth knowledge of techniques, principles, and procedures.
- Baccalaureate degree in a Chemical, Physical or Biological Science with (1) year histology internship.
- Registry eligible, OR
- Nationally recognized certification as Histotechnologist (HTL, ASCP) or equivalent, OR
- HT(ASCP) or equivalent with minimum 2 years experience.
- Requires fine motor coordination, clear speech, normal hearing, and good visual acuity, including color perception
- Requires fine motor coordination, clear speech, normal hearing, and good visual acuity, including color perception.
- Absolute integrity in the accurate performance.
- Reasoning ability and good independent judgment.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Assist pathologists and intervention radiologists by preparing and staining FNAs (fine needle aspirates) and staining frozen section slides
- Ability to work well in handling high volume requests in an organized manner, being attentive to detail and stipulated deadlines.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
Click here to apply.