University of Washington School of Public Health
Health Scientist - Toxicologist - Cardno ChemRisk
Closing Date: ongoing recruitment
Posted: March 9, 2017
Cardno® ChemRisk is a scientific consulting firm that provides state-of-the-art toxicology, industrial hygiene, epidemiology, and risk assessment services to organizations that confront public health, occupational health, and environmental challenges. We specialize in solving problems of national importance; often related to major regulatory initiatives or mass torts involving occupational exposures. Our team members have a long-standing reputation for thorough scientific analysis and for sharing results in the peer-reviewed scientific literature. Many of the over 500 papers that we have published are frequently referenced in both litigation and regulatory decision-making.
Our mission is to provide creative and scientifically rigorous approaches to answering questions about the human health hazards posed by chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, and radiological agents. Our team of scientists solves problems and answers difficult questions about the possible hazards posed by consumer and industrial products, medical devices, contaminated foods, and contaminated environmental media (e.g., soils, sediments, water and air).
We are currently seeking Toxicologists who are interested in applying their expertise to a wide variety of scientific issues and who are comfortable with engaging clients and writing scientific reports and manuscripts. Our office locations include San Francisco, CA; Orange County, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Brooklyn, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; and Washington, DC.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Conducting desktop research including literature searches, and critically evaluating and summarizing scientific information and government regulations
- Conducting or assisting with risk assessments
- Performing toxicology study design, management and interpretation
- Evaluating claims raised in various types of toxic tort or personal injury litigation
- Production of technical work products, presentations and proposals
- Performing mathematical analyses
- Working independently and as part of a team
- PhD in toxicology or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Aptitude for multi-tasking among various projects
- Laboratory research experience
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated passion for toxicology
Desired Qualifications for Full-Time Applicants (but not necessary):
- Interest in becoming a board-certified (DABT) toxicologist
- Previous consulting, government or industry experience
- Previous contributions to the scientific literature
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
For more information on Cardno® ChemRisk’s practice areas and team, please visit www.cardnochemrisk.com. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate your office preference(s).
* Please note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening prior to receiving an offer. Sponsorship is not currently available for this position.
Cardno® ChemRisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.