University of Washington School of Public Health
Communicable Disease Supervisor - Snohomish Health District
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: March 13, 2017
POSITION: Communicable Disease Supervisor
DIVISION: Communicable Disease
SALARY RANGE: $5,517 to $8,151/month, starting salary is generally $5,517 DOE
HOURS: Full Time – Exempt
POSITION DUTIES: Per Position Description found on our website
The Snohomish Health District is currently accepting applicants for a Full Time Communicable Disease Supervisor. This position oversees the agency’s Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response programs, including HIV, STD, and Viral Hepatitis Outreach; provides consultative and technical assistance on communicable disease issues, and serves as a liaison to community partners and internal cross-purpose teams in support of the Snohomish Health District (the district) endeavors. This incumbent is responsible for program supervision including personnel, contract deliverables, and fiscal data for quality, efficiency and appropriateness. Work is performed under limited management and requires independent judgment and discretion.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution involving major study in a health related field such as nursing, biology, counseling, social science or health education
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible and relevant professional Public Health experience, including two (2) years of communicable disease control or closely related field, and a minimum of one (1) year of supervisory/management experience
- A Master’s degree in Nursing, Public Health, Epidemiology, or other closely related discipline is desired
- Registered Nurses must have a valid Washington State registered nurse license
BENEFITS Snohomish Health District provides medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus dependents if elected at a cost. Participation with the Department of Retirement Systems retirement (PERS) is mandatory. Annual leave is earned at the rate of 12 days per year during the first year and increases with the length of service; sick leave is earned at the rate of 12 days per year; 10 paid holidays per year plus 5 personal holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents via email, fax or mail (incomplete applications or those missing required documents may not be considered)
- Fully completed SHD application
- Cover Letter stating how your qualifications and experience meets the requirements to fulfill the position
Mail: Human Resources Snohomish Health District 3020 Rucker Ave., Suite 306 Everett, WA 98201-3900 Email: HRQuestions@snohd.org OR Fax: (425) 339-8702
Snohomish Health District is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for appointment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliations or any other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.