University of Washington School of Public Health
Quality Improvement and Risk Manager - Seattle Children’s Hospital
Closing Date: April 22, 2017
Posted: March 22, 2017
Serves as staff to the Chair of Quality Committee (Center President) to ensure the Quality Committee fulfills the basic requirements of CQIP filed with the State of Washington.
Ensures that all subcommittees of the Quality Committee meet as required and facilitates subcommittee reporting to Quality Committee.
Serves as a member on the Employee Safety Committee.
Manages event reporting team regarding investigation and mitigation of events reported through the ROILS system. Ensures follow through of identified improvements and reporting to the Patient Safety Committee and Quality Committee.
Ensures appropriate responses to patient complaints and UW/SCCA Risk Management issues related to Center faculty.
Provides input into improvement priorities based on appropriate risk assessments and other data sources.
Educates staff on quality assurance, quality improvement, and HIPAA Privacy.
Implements annual all-staff education requirements.
Manages the physician credentialing and privileging process.
Works with insurance brokers and Finance team to facilitate implementation of annual insurance strategy
Facilitates SPC clinical research coordination team and assists with the completion of all documentation allowing the Center to be a site for clinical research. Works closely with the UW Radiation Oncology research coordinators.
Maintains the electronic document library (PPM). Works with leadership and management team in the timely creation, and ongoing review of Center policy and procedures.
Facilitates third party audits as appropriate (e.g. ACRO; ASTRO; CMS; Department of Health, etc.)
Responds to compliance and ethics reports received via the hotline or web portal. Coordinates with Human Resources Manager to investigate and resolve reports as needed.
Coordinates with the Radiation Safety Officer to ensure compliance with the Radiation Safety Program.
Collaborates with Chief Financial Officer on financial/billing audits as needed.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of five years working in Quality Improvement or a combination of Quality Improvement and Risk Management in healthcare environment
- Oncology experience preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic quality improvement and patient safety principles and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of ACR, ACRO, and ASTRO accreditation requirements
- Able to interact with all levels of personnel
- Technical problem solving
- Excellent computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office products
- Teaching and coaching skills
- Project Management skills
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skill
- Organization, Attention to Detail and Time Usage
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in science, health care or related field
- MBA, MPH, JD or similar graduate degree preferred
- CPHQ, ASQ Certification (CQE or CQA), preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed
- Ability to travel for educational / training purposes, including overnight
- Additional duties as assigned
Click here to apply.