University of Washington School of Public Health
Senior Biostatistician - DF/Net Research
Closing Date: May 5, 2017
Posted: April 5, 2017
DF/Net Research provides data management, biostatistics, and software development services for industry, non-profit, and academic organizations worldwide. Since 2004, DF/Net’s people, products, and services have helped our global clients with over 100 Phase I through Phase IV trials.
Our focus is global health. DF/Net helps researchers manage and analyze data across 18 therapeutic areas with clinical sites in over 35 countries. Our work includes HIV, TB, Malaria, Ebola, and other tropical diseases.
Why work at DF/Net Research?
Our motto is “helping people help people on a global scale.” In our supporting role, we are fortunate to work with some of the world’s top research scientists who have dedicated their lives to challenging global health issues. Our work culture strives for an environment of collaboration, integrity, forward-thinking, creativity, and caring. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, and 401k with company matching. We provide paid vacations, holidays, flexible work hours and a work from home policy.
Who we are looking for?
DF/Net employees are committed to making a difference in the world. Our ideal candidate for this role has an advanced degree related to health sciences or biostatistics, five or more years of experience in clinical trials and biostatistics, and one or more years of managing people. He or she will be committed to high quality standards and ensuring DF/Net leverages industry best-practices in statistical programming, biostatistics and CDISC solutions to provide accurate and meaningful results to our clients. The role provides an opportunity to manage and mentor a team of biostatisticians, and creatively augment company capabilities and services.
Primary Purpose of this New Role
The senior biostatistician will lead the biostatistics and programming team to provide insightful and accurate analytics for our clients. He or she will strengthen the company’s adherence to industry and CDISC standards and FDA requirements by keeping abreast of developments and providing training opportunities for team members. He or she will also collaborate with our Data Management and Software Development teams to meet our clients’ needs in global health. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide senior review and contribute to the development of documents and deliverables including TLFs, SAPs, programming specifications, randomization, SAS macros, compliant CDISC documentation and SOPs.
- Recruit and retain team members.
- Participate in drafting bids and proposals, and monitoring ongoing project budgets to ensure accurate billing.
Experience, Education and Skills
- Masters in Biostatistics or related Health Sciences field; Ph.D. preferred.
- 5 + years of related experience working in clinical trials and biostatistics
- 1 + years of experience in supervisory and project management in biostatistics and/or statistical programming.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages including SAS, R, Stata, and PASS.
- Working knowledge of CDISC standards/implementation guides including the development of SDTM, CDASH, and ADaM.
- Familiarity with various data management software packages, preferably DataFax.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate statistical concepts and results to both statisticians and non-statisticians.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Please visit our website for more about DF/Net Research, our services and the full job description: www.dfnetresearch.com