University of Washington School of Public Health
Decision Support/Project Management Assistant - Health Facilities Planning and Development
Closing Date: May 7, 2017
Posted: April 7, 2017
Seattle-based health care consulting firm specializing in market intelligence, strategic planning, feasibility studies, business plan development, regulatory conformance and grant writing seeks Decision Support/Project Management Assistant. The Decision Support/Project Management Assistant is an essential member of the consulting team. Primary responsibilities include management of multiple large databases, research, generating and analyzing data, and producing strategic reports. Requires strong analytical, writing/presentation, research skills and proven expertise in Access, Word, Excel, Tableau and PowerPoint. In addition to data and decision support, the position also includes project management of smaller projects and project management support of larger projects. The successful candidate will interact with clients on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for providing data and project administrative support to the senior consultant team.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff and vendors.
Overall responsibility for creating, updating and managing a number of large databases (CHARS, Truven Health Analytics, proprietary, etc.), generating and producing strategic reports, in addition to providing custom reports and analytic and decision support for the entire firm.
You will have responsibility for quality assurance related to document production (proofreading/formatting, production) and you will be the quality assurance ‘checkpoint’, responsible for ensuring that all documents and products are accurate and professionally compiled. Many documents have time-sensitive deadlines. You will be responsible for ensuring that they are produced according to all requirements and delivered timely.
You will be directly responsible for organizing and managing consumer opinion surveys. (These are conducted approximately 3-4 times/year). In this capacity, you will: program the survey, recruit, train, and manage the team of surveyors, and process the survey results.
As the manager of databases you, in many instances, will be the sole manager of strictly data-related projects.
You will have an important role in secondary research – interviews, data collection, literature searches, etc. for various health care issues. You will prepare a summary analysis of findings with relevant citation and conclusions.
In the role of Project Management Assistant, you will perform a wide variety of tasks each day, ranging from small and routine, to large and complex. You will have to make effective choices as to the priority of each task, while ensuring that each task is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Finally, you will have every opportunity – and be expected – to identify and implement improvements in methods and systems, as well as the services we provide.
Perhaps most importantly, you will be a key player on a very small team. Your conduct and demeanor, even under pressure, must be pleasant and efficient.
Skills Needed for Success:
- Highly organized
- Prior experience in creating and managing databases and in producing reports
- Strong research, analytic and written communication skills
- Proven consulting/project coordination abilities
- Creative and strategic/critical thinker
- Ability to multi-task (on any given day, you will "touch" 15 to 20 different projects)
- Extraordinary attention to detail. Careless errors must be avoided
- Self-starter. Individuals are expected to work without daily supervision
- Pleasant and friendly manner--even during stressful periods
- Ability to modify schedule – including extra hours – to manage projects with drop dead deadlines (i.e. grants)
- Enjoys variety, fast pace, and works well with multiple and rapidly changing deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, manage and execute multiple tasks and projects
- Flexibility, willingness to alter priorities as required/directed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Acute awareness of deadlines
- Extremely customer oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Access and Tableau
- Bachelor or Master’ degree in related field preferred. Knowledge of Washington health care market helpful
- Most of all, an interest in working hard and being part of a small, highly productive team.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.