University of Washington School of Public Health
Research Assistant/Research Coordinator - VA Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC)
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: April 10, 2017
Interested in helping to enhance the health and care of our United States Veterans? Looking for meaningful work in a collaborative environment that produces innovative and effective solutions to Veteran and national healthcare problems through multi-site cooperative research studies?
The Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC), a component of the Veterans Affairs (VA) Cooperative Studies Program (CSP), is hiring full-time research assistant and/or research coordinator positions. Two full-time core staff positions will support research activities for all Center studies.
Key responsibilities for all positions include the following:
- Provide daily operational/administrative support to meet research objectives
- Assist with the development of study materials, IRB documentation, and standard operating procedures
- Prepare and present reports and visual presentations to investigators, contractors, and consultants
- Schedule and prepare for local and national meetings and assemble documents
- Assist with maintaining and updating study databases
To apply, send a cover letter indicating the position(s) of interest, and a resume to SeattleCSPEC@va.gov. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled; however, materials received by April 17th, 2017 will be considered first.
Ideal candidates for all positions will have the following attributes:
- Candidates must be US citizens
- BA/BS or higher degree in a scientific research-related field
- 1-4 years of experience in clinical, epidemiological, or health services research
- 1-4 years of experience with research compliance and regulations
- Strong organizational and analytic skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with MS SharePoint, Access, and Publisher desirable
- Experience with Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) or other survey applications desirable
Salary will be based on the candidate’s experience and education. Salaries for these positions range from grades GS-5 through GS-9; see the Office of Personnel Management’s Seattle 2016 salary table at www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/16Tables/html/SEA.aspx. VA also offers a comprehensive benefits package; for an overview, please see www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
For more information about the Center’s research, please visit the ERIC website, http://www.seattle.eric.research.va.gov. For more information about CSP and the VA Office of Research and Development, see the CSP website, http://www.research.va.gov/programs/csp/default.cfm.