University of Washington School of Public Health
Budget/Fiscal Analyst - UW Department of Biostatistics
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: April 18, 2017
The Division of Biostatistics has an outstanding opportunity for a full-time Budget/Fiscal Analyst. The individual in this position will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, evaluating and interpreting financial information systems and budget/fiscal policies and procedures for management staff. Updating departmental policies and procedures internally and on the web, incorporating best practices and efficient work-flow to maximize customer satisfaction and compliance with sponsor and UW regulations.
- Training faculty and staff regarding UW and sponsor policies and procedures for various operations including travel and purchasing. Staying current on changes to UW and sponsor policy.
- Conducting various statistical analyses and modeling involving fiscal/budget data; developing long- term planning documents in support of strategic goals; integrating and aligning activities with organizational direction/mission; participating in the planning of new programs by conducting analysis of unit needs and resources.
- Directing and reviewing work of departmental fiscal specialist.
- Implementing and maintaining departmental electronic records management scanning policy.
- Recommending and implementing process improvements.
- Internal Systems and Reporting, including creating, maintaining, and modifying fiscal record keeping systems, databases, and spreadsheets, as well as preparing, various monthly and quarterly reports, including budget reports for Summer Institutes.
- Performing other duties as necessary.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Workforce Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.