University of Washington School of Public Health
Administrative Assistant - UW Department of Health Services
Closing Date: April 28, 2017
Posted: April 20, 2017
The University of Washington Department of Health Services has an outstanding opportunity for a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide executive-level support, including office management, public relations, and meeting/event coordination, to the Chair’s Office. The office consists of the Chair, the Director of Business Management and Strategy, two additional support staff and Associate Chair(s). This position will report to the Director of Business Management and Strategy, and work in a team environment.
Housed in the UW School of Public Health, the Department of Health Services is a dynamic academic and research department with the mission of working with partners in public health and health care to prepare leaders, design solutions, and conduct innovative research that is translated into practice and policy. The Department is steadfast in its efforts to improve and promote the health of all populations, and staff contribute daily and directly to the work of faculty, students, researchers and other staff, providing support and expertise to the Department’s public health cause.Skills/Eligibility:
- High school graduation or equivalent AND four years of progressively responsible experience in office, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work, including one year of experience in complex email management and calendaring using MS Outlook OR equivalent education/experience.
- Skill in managing multiple email inboxes simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy and productivity. Must be proactive, self-directed, highly organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable troubleshooting.
- High proficiency in Word, including writing, formatting, and creating flyers and forms
- Basic proficiency in Excel, including the use of tabs
- Experience creating and formatting PowerPoint presentations
- Experience creating and working with PDF documents, including electronic signatures
- Experience coordinating large-scale events for approximately 100 attendees as well as regular meetings and agendas, providing day-of support, and taking meeting minutes
- Experience providing reception and customer service with discretion, tact, and diplomacy while maintaining focus on other duties
- Interpersonal skill and emotional intelligence that support the ability to build relationships, sense needs when not explicitly stated, and adjust style to different personalities and levels of authority
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, including basic editing experience and the ability to adjust communication style according to context
- Professional experience working in a team environment and as a team member
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Comfortable learning new technologies
Click the link below for more position details and to apply.