University of Washington School of Public Health
Employee Health and Safety Specialist - The Everett Clinic
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: April 28, 2017
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs a broad range of complex administrative duties to support the Employee Health & Safety (EH&S) Manager, EH&S RN and Medical Director of the EH&S Program. Processes worker’s compensation claims. Oversees work injury return to work and modified duty program. Conducts office ergonomic evaluations. Compiles special periodic reports and injury trend data and composes non-routine correspondence. Provides a variety of data entry, data formatting duties. Must have sufficient knowledge of the Clinic’s structure, policies, and personnel to make administrative decisions. Acts as liaison between managers, teammates and workers’ compensation carrier.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
- Supports the new teammate employee health onboarding process. Primary Employee Health Software system administrator.
- Files all safety records and validates corrective actions were completed
- Reviews and reconciles New Teammate Orientation/Transfer employee roster
- Oversees annual TB screening program and monitors compliance.
- Processes workers’ compensation claims and coordinates claim documentation with the Third Party Administrator and the Dept. of Labor and Industries.
- Coordinates injured worker light duty assignments.
- Validates OSHA 300, 300A, and 301 logs and distributes to clinic managers.
- Compiles injury trend data utilizing V01 database.
- Conducts Tier 1 office/workstation ergonomic assessments.
- Coordinates (and conducts when necessary) annual respirator fit testing.
- Coordinates policy review cycle, prepares and distributes revision templates, and processes final edits to maintain.
- Follows up on injury incident reports/SAFE Events to ensure root causes are determined and mitigated.
- Schedules environmental rounds and drafts report findings for review.
- Anticipates needs and proactively initiates assistance for special projects which may include tasks of a confidential nature.
- Assures managers have EH&S resources and information necessary to conduct daily business. Monitors and tracks issues requiring further action.
- Screens correspondence, calls, and can refer to appropriate personnel, departments or assist in providing/obtaining answers.
- Creates and develops visual presentations as requested.
- Orders department supplies.
- Coordinates meetings, records minutes, and provides employer outreach to support the EH&S Manager.
- Communicates daily with EH&S Manager and succinctly reports all actions taken on behalf of the EH&S department.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
3% Prepares agenda, information packets, and minutes for staff/committee meetings to which assigned, to include meeting management, room setup, data collection and reporting.
Duties listed below are integrated into all job functions:
- All staff members are to promote a positive and productive work environment by acting maturely and responsibly, satisfactorily performing his or her job responsibilities and conducting themselves in a professional, courteous and respectful manner toward fellow employees, physicians and patients.
- Must relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extreme; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond openly and appropriately to feedback regarding performance from a supervisor.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes and supports the Core Values and Compact of The Everett Clinic.
- Integrates Lean principles, practices and tools to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
- Frequently must follow written and oral instructions as well as complete routine tasks independently.
- Completes annual compliance training on HIPAA/Privacy/Confidentiality/Non-Discrimination/Harassment/Integrity Statement and signs Agreements.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient information following HIPAA guidelines and TEC policies.
- Attends training to meet requirements of the job position and as needed or mandated by TEC policies, Div. of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH), OSHA, L&I and other state/federal regulations.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
2% Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Note that these requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job.
Knowledge: Strong typing skills; advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Outlook, email and Internet.
Skills: High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy and judgment. Excellent writing skills. Maintain confidentiality. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Abilities: Able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, demonstrating discretion, composure, ability to prioritize and respond with poise under pressure.
Education: High school diploma or GED with some college courses completed. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years high level administrative assistant experience supporting multiple managers, preferably in a health care organization. Prefer healthcare experience in a large multi-specialty employee health and safety role.
Hours: Monday through Friday, typical working hours are 8-5, averaging 40 hours per week
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of June 30, 2016 DaVita Medical Group (formerly HealthCare Partners) provided integrated care management for approximately 760,000 patients. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you’re looking to make a difference