University of Washington School of Public Health
Analyst, Health Analytics Solutions - Boston Health Economics
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: April 28, 2017
Join our team at BHE and help advise our clients on utilizing Instant Health Data (IHD), a next-generation healthcare data analytics platform to help improve the quality and efficiency of medical care. Established consulting company with proven publication track record and exciting new health technology platform is looking to grow to the next level with the help of an outstanding Analyst, Health Analytics Solutions in our Boston Back Bay location.
BHE has served the life sciences industry for the past 20 years, specializing in data analytic solutions and custom research services. You’ll work with an interdisciplinary staff from outcomes research, informatics, epidemiology, medicine, and software development backgrounds to further the company’s mission of improving healthcare through innovative data analytics.
The Health Analytics Solutions team is at the forefront of engaging IHD’s customers, advising on analytic and methodological considerations, and collaborating on product development to ensure our customers are successful in using IHD to address all of their health care research needs.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong interest in healthcare and technology, excellent quantitative skills, and experience analyzing large databases. The candidate must also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills so as to work effectively in cross-functional internal teams and communicate externally with clients. An ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role at BHE.
- Advise clients on the design and implementation of studies using large healthcare datasets
- Analyze healthcare datasets using IHD to generate evidence to support a range of clients from life sciences organizations to provider groups and payers
- Become an expert in the features, benefits, and applications of IHD and respond to a range of technical, analytic, scientific, and data questions
- Support the deployment of new platform features
- Prepare sales engineering, marketing, training, and account management materials for both internal and external consumption
- Collaborate with senior researchers to conduct research & development projects that employ innovative data sources or methodology with the goal of publication
- Contribute to the research question generation, protocol development, project build out, and presentation for sales demonstrations and trainings
- Become proficient with a variety of large, complicated healthcare datasets
- Train our customers (internal and external) in understanding major healthcare datasets and using the IHD platform to accomplish their goals
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in relevant area (e.g., economics, health economics, epidemiology, statistics)
- 1-4 years of relevant experience in outcomes research or consulting for life sciences companies
- Experience with analyzing healthcare data and conducting studies (e.g., retrospective database analyses, cost effectiveness, comparative effectiveness)
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, creative problem solving and structured communication skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Focus on attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit, drive, and work ethic