University of Washington School of Public Health
Environmental Field Chemist - Clean Harbors Environmental Services Inc.
This position is open to undergraduates.
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: May 1, 2017
Our Environmental Field Chemists are responsible for assisting in the collection, identification and proper packaging and/or lab packing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. This position will also prepare waste drums for pick-up and delivery at customer sites and participating in Household Hazardous waste collection events held on weekends around the region. This position is not a lab chemist position and requires up to 100% field work in various working conditions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- We offer all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive hourly wages, weekly opportunity for overtime
- Opportunity for travel on a regional and cross country basis
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance after 30 days of employment
- 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- College degree in chemistry, biology or other natural science strongly preferred
- Previous hazardous material handling experience an asset
- OSHA, DOT, and RCRA experience preferred
- Ability to work regular weekends and travel 25-50% of the year with extended travel up to 1-2 weeks at a time
- Ability to obtain and retain a Class "B/C" CDL with hazmat endorsement.
Click here to apply.