University of Washington School of Public Health
Senior Associate, Health (Quantitative Analysis) - Palladium
Closing Date: June 2, 2017
Posted: May 2, 2017
Project Overview and Role
The senior associate would support a range of activities related to health systems strengthening in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, working with U.S. and field-based project staff and field-based stakeholders. Activities include development and application of impact and cost analysis models and conducting statistical analysis and assessments related to FP/RH, HIV and AIDS, health financing, human resources for health (HRH), health information systems, and other health domains. The senior associate will participate in and/or prepare written materials, including reports, research articles, and briefs. The role may need to provide trainings on various technical analysis areas and related tools to build capacity of government staff and stakeholders in developing countries. The role will be expected to contribute to activity and project reporting, monitoring, and evaluation.
The Senior Associate, Health will be part of the Health Financing and Economics team. The primary responsibilities of the Senior Associate, Health (Quantitative Analysis):
- Provide technical support related to family planning/reproductive health, HIV, health financing, HRH, and other areas, including desk-based research, quantitative analysis, report/brief writing, and generating presentations for project staff.
- Collect and analyze secondary data from in-country sources. For certain activities, this may involve developing data collection instruments, cleaning and manipulating data in Excel, and applying software to model health sector costs and outcomes.
- Produce analytical papers and policy briefs for specific assignments.
- Facilitate trainings and/or workshops with stakeholders in English and French.
- Support field consultants and local research staff through e-mail, skype and phone calls, while being clear and concise and providing excellent technical support
- Maintain project-wide communication channels and interface with all project staff and field staff
- Assist in program management and planning activities
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
The role reports to a Technical Advisor, Health. Reporting requirements include:
- Attendance at team meetings, as required
- Regular updates to manager on workload, upcoming activities, and travel
- Monthly check-ins on performance
- Compliance with corporate delegated authorities
- Appropriate consultation with line manager regarding important decisions involving your areas of responsibility.
- Formulation of sound, evidence-based recommendations relevant in your areas of responsibility to the Technical advisor, Health
|Minimum experience and education required:
|Key competencies and professional expertise required: