University of Washington School of Public Health
Research Associate I - Advance Brain Tumor Research - Swedish Health Services
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: May 16, 2017
This position is responsible for the retrieval, analysis and summarization of research information from literature and research data and assisting the Principal Investigator with preparations for the development of new research grants and manuscripts. This position performs quality control oversight on research data as well as medical record abstract and provides technical assistance to investigators and consultants.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate with the Research Scientist in the design of state-of-the-art research projects that can successfully compete for funding by either federal funding agencies or commercial sponsors.
- Perform literature searches in support of grant applications.
- Assists with developing research methods and budgets for grants and performing pertinent analyses for grants preparation.
- Take initiative to identify and research problems; strategize with the Research Scientist and/or Principal Investigator on solutions to problems and takes corrective action for effective solutions.
- Performs statistical analysis and maintains complete documentation for all analysis. Created data tables summarizing results for analysis.
Required qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree required
- Graduation from medical school, graduate school or other research professional program with documented research training
- At least 2 years research experience
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills, ability to work independently, ability to complete projects in a timely manner
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master of Science (M.S.) or Master of Public Health (M.P.H.)
- Experience with mammalian cells and tissue culture
- Familiarity with scientific software (e.g. GraphPad Prism, FlowJo) and statistical analysis tools.
Click here to apply.