University of Washington School of Public Health
Content Manager - Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME)
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: June 23, 2017
IHME has an outstanding opportunity for a Content Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to oversee development of content and execution of projects related to IHME’s website, healthdata.org, with a particular focus on the Global Health Data Exchange. The GHDx is IHME’s primary content management tool, housing IHME’s growing library of data used as input to research projects, and public data published and made freely available for researchers, policy advisors, and decision-makers. The individual in this role manages the prioritization and works closely with IHME’s Technology Team on implementation of new features in the website, GHDx, and related tools.
The content manager must develop a working understanding of the intellectual content of projects and be adept at facilitating communication among people with varying degrees of experience from multiple cultural settings and academic disciplines. He or she must be knowledgeable about current and upcoming IHME research, and be skilled at working across functional teams to manage the publication of IHME data via the GHDx and other relevant content via the website. He or she must be familiar with the tools that IHME uses to manage content and the needs of the Institute in that regard. The position works closely with multiple teams to maintain website and GHDx standards while driving forward new development. The content manager must be equal parts content editor, systems analyst, and project manager.
The content manager is responsible for ensuring a seamless flow between the GHDx and healthdata.org, and for driving the creation of new content, including accurate and timely data publications. The content manager should be an expert on content appearing on the website, including the data and metadata published in the GHDx. The content management team is the critical last eye on website and GHDx entries. As the website and the GHDx are primary vehicles for communicating about the research and sharing the data for which the Institute is known, this role is critical to IHME’s success and reputation.Skills/Eligibility:
Master’s degree in the fields of information or data management, communications, or other relevant field and five years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supervising and coaching staff and directing, prioritizing, and monitoring projects and tasks.
- An eagle eye for detail and excellent editorial skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities with individuals in a variety of roles.
- Experience with the areas of web publishing, documentation, and content management systems. Experience with data standards a plus.
- System analysis experience including wireframing, requirements development, and business process design.
- Recognized troubleshooter, capable of getting to the root of issues and resolving them diplomatically.
- Ability to pay attention to details and to have a strategic vision while operating in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Capable of balancing the demands of multiple teams and stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of the global health data landscape and global health research.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check.
- Weekend and evening work sometimes required.