University of Washington School of Public Health
CONSTRUCTION EHS MANAGER - Boyter Brothers, LLC
Closing Date: August 10, 2017
Posted: July 10, 2017
WHO WE ARE:
Boyter Brothers, LLC specializes in installing thermal insulation on pipe, duct and equipment for mechanical and plumbing systems as well as process systems utilized in the manufacturing and food processing industries.
We are a union contractor that is signatory to Heat & Frost Insulators Local 7 in Seattle, WA and Local 36 in Oregon/SW Washington. Our trade is a type of specialized finish work that requires craftsmanship and an appreciation for aesthetic quality.
The mission of Boyter Brothers, LLC is to create a high level of success for all those who have chosen to associate with us – customers, employees, vendors, and anyone else with whom with conduct business. We will remain consistently focused and disciplined in our efforts to maintain the highest possible standard of safety, quality, performance, professionalism, and integrity in everything that we do.
Boyter Brothers, LLC is seeking organized, detail-oriented, creative problem solvers with strong communication skills and high ethical standards. Some of the responsibilities of the position are listed below.
• Be progressive in keeping our safety program continually up to date with industry technology.
• Continually work towards streamlining and improving our safety program and systems to make them work more efficiently and effectively.
• Conduct new hire safety orientation / onboarding.
• Manage safety training (online and instructor led), maintain the safety training matrix.
• Facilitate Hazard Communication (SDS) for employees.
• Equipment tracking (all equipment – safety and other types of equipment). Help us determine what type of software would be best to make us more efficient and keep track of our equipment.
• Manage company fleet (ensure vehicle periodic maintenance, registrations, etc.).
• Take a leadership role in any emergency action, near miss or jobsite incidents.
• Be the primary administrator of facility badging /clearance for employees.
• Be the primary field resource for our employees for safety guidance at jobsites.
• Conduct weekly jobsite safety audits.
• Provide company representation and support to our employees at jobsites during safety field coordination with other trades.
• Ensure that jobsites are supplied with required PPE and safety gear.
• Be our primary representative at SafeBuild Alliance and participate in its mentorship program.
• Lead the all-employee quarterly safety meetings.
Boyter Brothers, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send résumés to: firstname.lastname@example.org