University of Washington School of Public Health
Pediatric Outpatient Occupational Therapist - Rehab Without Walls - ResCare
Closing Date: unknown
Posted: July 13, 2017
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Pediatric Outpatient Occupational Therapist - Rehab Without Walls. In this position, you will play a vital and positive role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their fullest potential.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Predictive Full-time, 40 Hour Plus Schedule
- Part-time and On-call shifts available (less than 30 hours)
Pediatric Outpatient Occupational Therapist - Rehab Without Walls Responsibilities
- Perform a thorough evaluation of daily living and work-related skills, assessing the needs of the person receiving services and set measurable objectives that are formulated in conjunction with the rehabilitation team. Adjust treatment as needed to achieve maximum results.
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the person served in physical and cognitive reconditioning and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team. Assist the person receiving services in understanding their needs and limitations and how to manage them during function.
- Re-comment and/or design special adaptive equipment for the person served to improve function in their home, community and/or work environments. Incorporate the use of adaptive equipment to enhance the rehabilitation program.
- Design retraining programs and train staff and family members to carry out the retraining program including dressing, feeding, grooming, hygiene and community re-entry skills.
- Provide training to the person receiving services and as appropriate, all others involved in that person’s rehabilitation. Analyze and document the result of any training.
- Responsible to apply professional knowledge and skills in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice, to facilitate problem resolutions, and thereby the achievement of individualized goals and outcomes for the person served.
- Report progress to the rehabilitation staff, person served and family members.
- Observe/document and report changes in the condition of the person served to the Clinical Coordinator/designee, attending physician and other team treatment team members as appropriate.
- Provide treatment progress and status documentation on the person served in accordance with the Plan of Treatment.
- Participate in the team process provide input and effective treatment strategies. Attend case conferences and family educational meetings.Develop, teach and assess the plan of treatment. Guide the Rehabilitation Specialist/Certified Nursing Assistant in fulfillment of the plan. Use appropriate methods and tools in all teaching and training activities, including teaching in preparation for discharge.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when the recipient’s right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the best interest of the person served.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Improvement activities as assigned. Communicate information that enables collection of data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct internal staff development programs, obtain continuing education as required by Company policy and regulations. Maintain and enhance clinical practice skills.
- Maintain a professional appearance, is reliable and punctual, cooperative and conduct self according to accepted standards of professional practice in the course of assigned duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned in response to person served office and/or program needs.
- Knowledge of rehabilitation techniques related to complex neurologic injury generally required.
- Maintain professional license and/or certification as required by the state in which the therapist is practicing.
- Effective communication skills are also required.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- The candidate must successfully complete any/all required pre-employment evaluation test (s) per policy in each assigned area of practice.
- Good oHow to Apply:
Apply online: http://careers.rescare.com/job/pediatric-outpatient-occupational-therapist-rehab-without-walls/J3J0KX6R8F8ZF1GV7FG