University of Washington School of Public Health
Health Services Consultant 4 – Public Affairs Consultant - Washington State Department of Health
Closing Date: July 24, 2017
Posted: July 13, 2017
About the Position
The Public Affairs Consultant serves as a cross-cutting, versatile position within the Center for Public Affairs (C4PA). It is the designated assistant for planning, communications, and partnership development. This role provides leadership and support for executive speaking engagements and key community partnerships. This position promotes a clear understanding of the C4PA goals in its work approach, by supporting efforts related to implementation and embodying its values.
This is a full-time permanent Health Services Consultant 4 (HSC 4) within Office of the Secretary – C4PA. This recruitment may be used to fill other HSC 4 positions within the unit.
What we’re looking for
Candidates must meet the following REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (NOTE: Experience may have been gained concurrently.)
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Public Health, Health Communication, Community Health, Health Promotion, Health Policy or a closely related field; AND four (4) or more years of experience in the field of general public/community health, including working effectively and collaboratively with external/community partners.
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Health Communication, Community Health, Health Promotion, Health Policy or a closely related field; AND two (2) or more years of experience in the field of general public/community health, including working effectively and collaboratively with external/community partners.
- Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Preparing and writing speeches for executive leadership on a variety of health topics.
- Working on/with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing which includes creating, editing and reviewing presentations.
- Applying quality improvement or project management tools to improve efficiency, accuracy and overall quality of work products/projects.