University of Washington School of Public Health
Communicable Disease Epidemiologist I - Utah Department of Health
Closing Date: July 24, 2017
Posted: July 13, 2017
Are you an Epidemiologist? Do you have experience using SAS programs? The Prevention, Treatment and Care Program needs you. As an Epidemiologist I, you support the Prevention, Treatment, and Care Program by analyzing, summarizing and reviewing Hepatitis and STD data and reporting findings to stakeholders, including the CDC, the UDOH, LHDs, and the public. Due to the nature of this position and as a condition of employment, this position requires compliance with the Utah Department of Health Employee Immunization policy. You will need to be able to travel around the state occasionally and attend out of state annual conferences.
The Epidemiologist I is responsible for:
- Assesses current prevalence of Hepatitis C testing and determines priority populations and geographic areas for increased testing interventions
- Evaluates Hepatitis C linkage to care and treatment throughout the state
- Promotes the incorporation of Hepatitis C testing into syringe exchange programming
- Ensures completeness of STD and Hepatitis C data through periodic quality assurance activities
- Identifies and evaluates relevant laws and policies that impact the Hepatitis C Care Cascade
- Identify interventions with demonstrated success for increasing HCV testing, develop a plan for intervention implementation, train partners, and monitor and evaluate intervention
- Monitor and provide quality assurance to local jurisdictions in STD investigations, ensuring appropriate treatment and reporting/data transmission to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) occur.
- Provides STD and Hepatitis testing/diagnostic expertise to partners, including LHDs, clinicians, and the public.
- Analyzes, summarizes and/or reviews STD and Hepatitis data and reports findings to stakeholders, including the CDC, the UDOH, LHDs, and the public.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficacy of syringe exchange programs operating in Utah
- Serves on various boards, councils, committees, or task forces to coordinate agency activities and facilitate agency goals and initiatives.
- Participates in a weekly rotation with other team members to provide on-call response to emergencies and urgent matters.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for an interview for these positions, applicants will need to apply on-line at https://statejobs.utah.gov.