University of Washington School of Public Health
Preparedness Liaison - Oregon Health Authority Public Health Division
Closing Date: August 21, 2017
Posted: July 24, 2017
Preparedness Liaison – Public Health Division, Portland, OR
JOB CODE: OHA17-0342
SALARY: $5,231.00 - $7,352.00 monthly
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 08/14/17 11:59 PM
LOCATION: Bend, Oregon
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) is the organization at the forefront of lowering and containing costs, improving quality and increasing access to health care in order to improve the lifelong health of Oregonians. OHA includes most of the state’s health care programs, including Public Health, Health Policy and Analytics, Health Systems Division, and Oregon State Hospital.
As part of the Public Health Division, Oregon’s Health Security, Preparedness and Response (HSPR) Program develops public health systems to prepare for and respond to major, acute threats and emergencies that impact the health of people in Oregon. We collaborate with Oregon Emergency Management (OEM) and our local, regional and national Emergency Management partners.
This employment opportunity is with the Public Health Division (PHD), Health Security, Preparedness and Response program which is part of the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). There is one full-time, permanent position located in Bend (475 NE Bellevue Drive). This position is management service and not represented by a union.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Preparedness Liaison is the primary hospital & health systems emergency preparedness contact for Hood River, Wasco, Sherman, Gilliam, Wheeler, Jefferson, Crook, Deschutes, Lake, Grant, Harney and Klamath Counties (Region 6 and 7 HPP). This position monitors, coordinates, and supports the development and revision of local and statewide hospital/health systems and clinics’ emergency plans related to hazard mitigation, emergency preparedness, and disaster response and recovery, medical surge, including epidemiological, laboratory, environmental health, and immunization fields.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science, Emergency Management or a degree related to Public Health; AND four (4) years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to Public Health or Emergency Management.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to seven (7) years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to Public Health or Emergency Management.
- Experience in the hospitals and health system field.
- Working knowledge of quality improvement processes and project management.
- Understanding of emergency management planning concepts and public health systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with federal, regional, local, state, and non-governmental public health and public safety staff, including management and policy-level officials.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of software to prepare documents for release to the public, including development or revision of documents to formats for electronic transmission (Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Adobe Acrobat, html, etc.)
- Experience in Internet connectivity and associated software, hardware, and communication components.
- Expectation to complete Incident Command System (ICS) courses within 180 days of hire.
- Attend ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-300, and ICS-400 as directed.
- Experience in distance-learning technology, broadcast fax, paging systems, and cellular phones is also desired.
- Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
Please visit the following link to complete the online application:
Oregon Health Authority