University of Washington School of Public Health
Quality Improvement Coordinator - Jacaranda Health
Closing Date: August 31, 2017
Posted: July 24, 2017
Jacaranda Health’s mission is to transform maternal healthcare in East Africa with high-quality, low-cost, and respectful maternity service.
In partnership with County Governments, we are committed to work alongside public sector facilities to enable them to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to improve their own services in sustainable ways. Our early exciting results have created greater demand for our support and we are now looking to expand the team of Quality Improvement (QI) experts at Jacaranda to deliver this activity.
Overall Purpose: The QI Coordinator will work with other members of Jacaranda Health’s QI Team to support projects with partner facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitation: Interact with and facilitate meetings with QI teams comprising clinicians and support staff
- Monitoring and evaluation: Coordinate data analysis, track and interpret key data to demonstrate performance improvement
- Logistics: Coordinate planning and execution of QI project events, including collaborative learning sessions, facility meetings and trainings
- Reporting: Collate data, insights and experiences in routine stakeholder reports
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong IT literacy and experience of presenting and interpreting data
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team to achieve results in low resource settings
- Understanding of public health or maternal and child health
- Knowledge of statistical process control methods
- Masters level education in relevant field
- Formal training in Quality Improvement (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Improvement Advisors Course, Total Quality Management, Kaizen)
- Experience in applying QI methodology to secure sustainable results in healthcare
- Authorized to work in Kenya
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit their applications via this link: