University of Washington School of Public Health
Disease Intervention Specialist - Snohomish Health District
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: August 4, 2017
NOTE: Only applicants that submit the full application packet will be considered. Resume, Cover Letter stating how your qualifications and experience meets the requirements to fulfill the position and Snohomish Health District application found on our website.
The Snohomish Health District is currently accepting applicants for a Full Time Disease Intervention Specialist (DIS) in its STD and HIV program. The incumbent is responsible for sexually transmitted diseases (STD) and HIV counseling, testing and referral (CTR) for identified populations as well as case follow up and partner contact investigations for HIV and STD. Incumbent collaborates with internal, other local health jurisdiction and state STD/HIV staff to coordinate case investigations. Incumbent collaborates with community healthcare providers to provide consultation and education regarding STD/HIV testing, disease protocols, and reporting.
Work is performed under limited supervision requiring independent judgment and discretion. Work is evaluated for technical soundness, feasibility, and conformity to protocols, practice and policy.
Complete Announcement and Job Description can be found on our website - www.snohd.org
- A Bachelor Degree in a health related field such as biology, microbiology, chemistry, counseling, psychology, behavioral science, public health, social science, health education or nursing.
- One year experience working in STD or HIV program or other closely related program.
- Phlebotomist Certification or ability to successfully complete alternative on venipuncture training on the job within six months will be substituted for a valid nursing license to perform venipuncture in Washington State.
Snohomish Health District provides medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus
dependents if elected at a cost (prorated for Part Time). Participation with the Department of Retirement Systems retirement (PERS) is mandatory. Annual leave is earned at the rate of 12 days per year (prorated for Part Time) during the first year and increases with the length of service; sick leave is earned at the rate of 12 days per year (prorated for Part Time); 10 paid holidays per year plus 2 personal holidays (prorated for Part Time).
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents via email, fax or mail ( incomplete applications or those missing required documents may not be considered )
- Fully completed SHD application
- Supplemental Questionnaire
- Cover Letter stating how your qualifications and experience meets the requirements to fulfill the position
Mail: Human Resources Snohomish Health District 3020 Rucker Ave., Suite 306 Everett, WA 98201-3900
Email: address found on our website OR Fax: (425) 339-8702
Snohomish Health District is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for appointment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliations or any other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $4,760.00 to $6,379.00 /month