University of Washington School of Public Health
Research Assistant - University of Waterloo
Part-time position, 20+ hours per week
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: August 9, 2017
We are looking to hire research assistants for a study on nutritional labelling. The purpose of the study is to examine patterns of eating out, food consumption and awareness of nutritional information in restaurants. The study is being led by Dr. David Hammond in the School of Public Health & Health Systems at the University of Waterloo. The study involves conducting 7-10 minute oral surveys with restaurant patrons in four cities, including Seattle. Surveys will collect information regarding food purchases, nutrition information awareness, as well as demographic information.
- Equipment set-up each shift
- Recruiting and surveying patrons after they have finished their meals
- Good organizational skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Strong communication and people skills
- Attentive to detail
- Previous research/survey experience is an asset
- The study will run between September 13th and October 4th.
- Shifts will occur from 11:00am-3:00pm and 4:00pm-8:30pm (lunch and dinner periods), 7 days a week.
- Minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.