University of Washington School of Public Health
Community Health Nurse-Communicable Disease-TB Case Manager (OPEN UNTIL FILLED) - Multnomah County Health Department
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: August 11, 2017
Multnomah County has a vision that includes you...Healthy People in Healthy Communities.
This position has been extended to Open Until Filled.
The mission of Communicable Disease Services (CDS) is to promote and protect the health of individuals and communities in our County by providing communicable disease prevention, treatment, screening and education services in collaboration with community partners.
This Community Health Nurse (CHN) carries out our mission using the nursing practice model to assure completion of communicable disease investigation and control activities.
This position requires a working knowledge of communicable disease, and population-level public health or epidemiology; a demonstrated ability to work autonomously from standing orders and state investigative Guidelines; and the ability to document and work in an electronic health record.
Essential job functions include:
- Provide Case Management for active or suspect tuberculosis cases which includes collaborating with outside providers and the case management team to provide care to clients from diverse backgrounds who may have other complex medical conditions.
- Conduct epidemiologic investigations to identify contacts to TB cases as well as coordinate their testing and follow up care.
- Provide advice and consultation to Multnomah County providers and the public on tuberculosis.
- Provide TB screening outreach activities and preventive therapy for specific populations.
- Participate in the Communicable Disease team phone triage system and act in a surge capacity for large communicable disease investigations or outbreaks.
- Participate actively in quality improvement and other projects in CDS.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don’t just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.