University of Washington School of Public Health
Peer Educator - Initiative for Research and Education to Advance Community Health
Part-time position, 19 hours per week
Closing Date: September 17, 2017
Posted: August 17, 2017
This position is located in Seattle, WA.
The Initiative for Research and Education to Advance Community Health (IREACH) at Washington State University Health Scences | Spokane has an outstanding opportunity for a part-time (up to 19 hours per week), hourly Peer Educator. The Peer Educator will:
- Deliver 8 week educational interventions to up to 500 eligible study participants in cohorts of 30.
- Coordinate logistics of classes including scheduling and room rental.
- Communicates directly with intervention participants and their family support person, and offers support as the peer educator using standard methods for group discussions, role-playing, problem-solving, and hands-on activities throughout the intervention.
- Meet with WSU research staff and project lead on a weekly basis to report on study progress.
- Maintain fidelity, as trained, to the study protocol throughout the program.
- Follows use of human subject’s protocols.
- Assists with participant recruitment as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, education or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working with Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander communities.
- 2-3 years of teaching or instructing experience.
- Will require local travel. Need own car and insurance but will reimburse for mileage.
- Completion of human subjects training.
To apply send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application review will begin immediately. Pay rate: DOQ. WSU Spokane is a tobacco free campus. WSU is an EO/AA/ADA employer and educator.