University of Washington School of Public Health
Director for Health and Human Services - Wahkiakum County Health & Human Services
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: August 24, 2017
Are you looking for a senior administrator opportunity where you can apply your diverse leadership guidance and expertise across multiple service enterprises? If so, Wahkiakum County is excited to announce the Director of Health and Human Services position where you will have the ability to lead a dynamic team as we model the way towards integrated healthcare. All Team Members are eligible for competitive benefits, while working for an organization that promotes learning and development opportunities and supports work/life balance.
COUNTY DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW
Wahkiakum County Health and Human Services provides needed and necessary support to a small yet diverse population in Wahkiakum County, Washington. Our mission is to enhance the health and well-being of Wahkiakum County by providing effective public health and human services, fostering and implementing sound, sustained advances in the sciences underlying medicine, public health and social services.
The Director of Health and Human Services reports to the Board of County Commissioners, and has oversight of six service enterprises: Public Health, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Developmental Disabilities, Community Outreach and Transit. This position provides highly responsible and complex assistance and representation on behalf of Wahkiakum County.
- $80,000 to $85,000 annually
Wahkiakum County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is our policy to seek and employ the most qualified personnel and individuals who are the best match for the position(s). We are committed to providing equal opportunity and access regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a disabled person, sexual orientation/gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by law. We encourage anyone interested in employment to apply, including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.Skills/Eligibility:
- A Bachelor degree in public/health/business administration, clinical/human/social services management, or similar related field.
- Seven years’ total experience demonstrating successful management and leadership capabilities, of which a minimum of five years is in direct supervision. Previous related experience working in a similar office environment is preferred.
- Equivalent education/experience may substitute, year for year, for required education.
- Proficient in computer use/applications commonly used in this field/trade/position, including Microsoft Office software.
- Must have the ability to secure a Washington State driver’s license within 30 days from date-of-hire.
- Email your resume and include a letter of interest to email@example.com.
This position will remain open until filled or until Wahkiakum County believes a sufficient applicant pool has been established.