University of Washington School of Public Health
Nutrition Clinic Full-Time Office Administrative Assistant/Manager - Starkel Nutrition
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: September 7, 2017
Starkel Nutrition is seeking a full-time office administrative/marketing assistant to start training part-time ASAP with a full-time start date soon after. We are a small nutrition and mental health clinic with 5 nutritionists/mental health counselors located in the University District with clients coming to us from all around the Sound.
This person is the ’face’ and ’voice’ of our business and must possess excellent customer service skills for interactions with our clients and the office personnel. The ideal candidate would be someone who takes ownership of the position, have a small business mentality and understanding, and be responsible for the success of the clinic, as we all are. You would like a wide range of activities, have a background in office work, MS Office, light bookkeeping, possess excellent organizational skills, and be able to quickly pick up any skills required by this position. We are seeking someone with a desire to learn, grow and take responsibility for a big role in this practice. Our practice is open 6 days/week but this position is for Mon-Fri, eight hours/day.
- Client management, scheduling, and communication with clients, staff, vendors, etc.
- Medical chart management using ChArm electronic health records
- Bookkeeping using Quickbooks Online
- Office upkeep - light cleaning, refreshments, plant maintenance, etc.
- Inventory management (supplements and office supplies)
- Conduct weekly staff meetings (admin part)
- Other projects as they arise
Management of a part-time assistant and occasional student interns
- Manage and direct duties of our part-time assistant (who may handle some duties listed)
- Manage students volunteers
- Maintain our website and blog (with help), FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Maintain contact with referrers (thank you letters, etc)
- High level of personal responsibility
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills with clients and other professionals
- At least some light bookkeeping experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Dedicated to being a key person in the clinic
- Can assemble information and present to the team (topics vary)
- Good grammar for blogs or correspondence
- Experience in a medical type of office helpful and knowledge of HIPAA privacy laws
- Health and dental insurance
We are a friendly bunch! We enjoy what we do and each other’s company. Check us out online - Starkel Nutrition (www.starkelnutrition.com). If you feel you’d be a good candidate to join our team, please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this position to email@example.com.
Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!