University of Washington School of Public Health
Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship in Global Health Leadership - AfyaBora
Closing Date: unknown
Posted: September 11, 2017
There are 20 positions available for health professionals interested in a 12-month fellowship starting July 2018 in one of our ive African partner countries: Cameroon, Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda. This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn from a highly select group of exceptional health professionals to become part of a growing network of emerging African and US Global Health leaders.
The Afya Bora Fellowship provides you with a set of practical skills that will prepare you for leadership positions in government, non-government, and academic health Institutions in developing countries.
The 12 month training program has 2 components:
- An 8-week core curriculum, plus 4 distance learning modules include: Effective Grant
- Writing, Program Management, Research Methods, and HIV/AIDS as a Global Health Challenge
- wo 4.5-month assignments to sites at Ministries of Health, leading NGOs, the US
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or major health sciences universities in partner African countries.
- To be eligible to apply all applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
Be a citizen or permanent resident of Botswana, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania,
- Uganda, or the United States.
- -and-Meet ONE of the following education requirements:
- Medical applicants need to have a MD or a MBChB with a Masters degree in a related field (MMed, MPH, MS, etc)
- Nursing applicants need to have a Masters degree in nursing, public health or a related field (doctorate preferred)
- Other public health professionals (those without a clinical degree) must have a doctorate degree in a related ield (PhD, DPhil, etc
How to Apply:
Apply online: Web: afyaboraconsortium.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org