University of Washington School of Public Health
Consultant - Manatt Health
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: September 15, 2017
Manatt Health is seeking highly qualified Consultant(s) to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a nationally recognized healthcare strategy consulting team and work with clients who are passionate about improving healthcare.
Consultants will work directly with Manatt Health’s senior leaders and play a key role in the development of business strategy recommendations for our clients. Consultants work on a broad range of substantive areas including: payment and delivery system transformation; healthcare reform implementation; hospital, health system and academic medical center operations/strategy; strategic planning services; Medicaid policy, redesign and innovation; Medicare program elements; health IT strategy; and pharmaceutical market access, coverage and reimbursement strategies.
Specific responsibilities include quantitative and qualitative research on health care business and policy issues, presentation creation and design, development of strategic solutions, and assistance with monitoring federal and state health policy actions, health care provider markets, and other emerging healthcare trends. Preferred candidates will have strong analytic skills with demonstrated ability to analyze data to generate descriptive statistics, conduct more complex analyses that address strategy and policy questions, and develop financial pro formas.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration, public health, public administration, public policy, health administration, economics, or health care management from a leading institution.
- 2-4 years of substantive experience in the healthcare industry with demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for healthcare issues and trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media.
- Strong computer skills, including expert-level knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with others in a fast-paced environment.
Join the Team:
All candidates must apply through our online application portal. Required application materials include a cover letter, transcripts and writing sample (2-3 pages from your academic or work experience where you are the sole author - - examples include policy memo, briefing memo, issue brief, or market/competitive analysis).
*Manatt Health is a wholly owned consulting subsidiary of Manatt, Phelps and Phillips, LLP www.manatt.com