University of Washington School of Public Health
Epidemiologist / Statistician - SMITREC
Closing Date: ongoing recruitment
Posted: September 28, 2017
Mental Health Program Evaluation,
Statistics, and Epidemiology
Background: SMITREC is one of three national mental health program evaluation centers in the Veterans Affairs Health System. We conduct national mental health program evaluation and analytics in the Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention.
Career Opportunities: Multiple opportunities for work in health system performance assessment, population health, epidemiology, statistics, programming, and suicide analytics.
Salary ranges: $54,000 to $102,000
Statistician / Data Analysts, Epidemiologists, Health Scientists / Evaluators
Job Details: Statisticians / Data Analyst, Epidemiologist Positions
Manage and construct large databases and conduct statistical analyses in support of projects and reports and in response to VA Central Office queries.
Uses statistical (e.g., SAS, R, Stata) and database (e.g., SQL, MS Access) computer programs to construct, manage, and analyze datasets relevant to program evaluation projects. These positions involve:
- Data management skills and experience preparing data for analysis.
- A solid grounding in statistical theory and application, and willingness to learn and apply new methods and approaches.
- Capacity to work independently and as part of team.
- Proficiency with summarizing statistical methods and results in writing with the quality necessary for published reports and manuscripts.
- Skills preparing graphs, figures, and illustrations of the results of statistical analyses.
- Skills to support reports for VA leadership review, Congress, and other agencies.
- Knowledge / experience in the health and social sciences.
Relevant qualifications: Masters level training or equivalent, skills/experience with secondary data analysis (e.g., using SAS, R, SQL), knowledge regarding multivariate techniques. US citizenship.
To learn more about career opportunities, send resume and cover letter to:
John McCarthy, PhD, MPH, Jenefer Jedele, PhD, MS
Serious Mental Illness Treatment Resource and Evaluation Center, Building 16
2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2800