University of Washington School of Public Health
Registered Nurse - Neighborcare Health
Part-time position, 32 hours per week
Closing Date: November 3, 2017
Posted: October 3, 2017
Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN)- Ballard Homeless Clinic | Neighborcare Health Career Opportunities
The Ballard Medical Clinic is a low-barrier primary care clinic serving adults experiencing homelessness and unstable housing. The clinic is nestled within Nyer Urness, a permanent supportive housing program operated by Compass Housing Alliance. Services include primary medical care, behavioral health, suboxone treatment, case management from REACH, VA services, eligibility, and outreach – all offered under a framework of harm reduction and trauma-informed care.
The RN role operates as part of a supportive team with training opportunities to hone and learn new skills. Our RN’s utilize the Nursing Process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care while working in partnership and joint accountability with other team members to achieve Neighborcare’s mission, Guiding Principles, Service Commitments and Goals.
We offer competitive pay, an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, and more!!!
Specific to Ballard Clinic:
- Support staff by performing MA skills and being flexible to meet the needs of patients
- Establish partnerships with patients and housing staff for positive outcomes in health status.
- Outreach and manage residents in housing program in collaboration with Nyer Urness staff.
- Partner with providers to coordinate patient care with outside healthcare and social service agencies
Our ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working independently, at the top of their scope, and as a team leader when highest licensed medical staff onsite
- Has experience in providing healthcare to people experiencing homelessness
- Shares a passion for building ongoing therapeutic relationships with individuals with mental health and chemical dependency needs, varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, cultures, and sexual orientation.
- Values collaborative and creative problem-solving on interdisciplinary teams
- Values team work, problem solving, engagement and adaptability
- Embraces change and practices direct communication.
Eligible candidates have completed an accredited Registered Nurse, have a valid Washington State Registered Nurse license, current CPR certification and BLS. Preferred candidates have a minimum of one (1) year of Registered Nurse experience and have completed or are currently enrolled in a BSN or MSN program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.