University of Washington School of Public Health
Business Information Analyst I - Amerigroup, a member of Anthem, Inc
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: October 9, 2017
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Business Information Analyst I – Seattle, WA or Wenatchee, WA – 135085
The Business Information Analyst I is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on data related to one or several but very similar business metrics. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates databases to track business performance.
- Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data).
- Collects and analyzes data to create summary statistics of performance.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
- High School diploma
- Up to 2 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which provides an equivalent background.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in statistical use of Microsoft Excel and Access or other general reporting tools.
- SQL, Excel and Access experience preferred.
- Coding/claims experience preferred.
- BS/BA degree preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.