University of Washington School of Public Health
Safety Program Coordinator - UW Medicine/Valley Medical Center
Closing Date: November 20, 2017
Posted: October 20, 2017
To develop and administer programs to ensure employee safety and agency compliance with safety, health and environmental regulations for specified facilities, operations and the visiting public.Skills/Eligibility:
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Physical Sciences or related field or;
Associates Degree with two years of applicable work experience.
2. Two years of full time professional experience in developing and/or administering a large-scale safety, industrial hygiene or closely related program.
3. Experience in a hospital or health care facility and/or certification in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial Hygiene preferred.
4. Must complete National Incident Management System training within six months of hire – IS 100, IS 200, & IS 700 NIMS.
5. Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license or obtain one within 30 days of employment.
6. CIH, CSP, ASP, CHSP, or CHMM certifications preferred.
Click "View Job Openings" and type "Safety Program Coordinator" in the keywords field.