University of Washington School of Public Health
EHS Specialist 4 - Siemens Healthineers
Closing Date: December 13, 2017
Posted: November 13, 2017
The EHS Specialist will provide environmental health and safety (EHS) services primarily to the Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound research and development in Issaquah, Washington, but will be involved in EHS activities at other Ultrasound USA sites and international sites.
The EHS Specialist’s efforts are designed to protect the environment, prevent employees, visitors and contractors from getting injured, assure compliance with local, state and federal EHS laws and regulations, manage EHS risks, prepare for emergencies, and promote employee health programs.
The position reports to the Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound Director EHS located in Mountain View, California.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial hygiene, occupational safety, environmental science, or a related discipline
- Show a passion for EHS
- 8 or more years’ experience in EHS
- Travel up to 10%, including internationally
- Working knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations and EHS standards
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, recognize, and evaluate workplace hazards and to recommend controls
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Effective critical thinking
- Strong writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to interface with employees up to 2 levels higher in the organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, activities and projects
- Ability to investigate accidents, incidents, and non-conformances and perform root cause analyses
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to drive projects to completion