University of Washington School of Public Health
Recruiter and Assessor - Initiative for Research and Education to Advance Community Health (IREACH)
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: November 22, 2017
The Initiative for Research and Education to Advance Community Health (IREACH) has an outstanding opportunity for a part-time (up to 19 hours per week), hourly Recruiter and Assessor. The Recruiter and Assessor will:
- Work with local sites to develop and implement effective recruitment strategies.
- Recruit 270 participants in small groups of up to 30 individuals from community events and local gathering places.
- Screen participants in accordance with study eligibility criteria.
- Complete WSU trainings on conducting research, administering assessments and collecting all required data collection. This includes anthropometric measurements, blood pressure measurements, 24 hour urine samples, and a series of questionnaires, entered directly into a study database.
- Place weekly participant grocery orders online and assist with preparing orders for each participant. Distribute and track gift card incentives in accordance with WSU policies.
- Meet with WSU research staff and project lead on a weekly basis to report on study progress.
- One year of college-level course work in a relevant academic area.
- Ability to travel locally. Finalist needs own car and insurance but will be reimbursed for mileage.
- Completion of human subjects training, or the ability to complete training, within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated experience in a research setting.
To apply send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin immediately. Pay rate: DOQ. WSU Spokane is a tobacco free campus. WSU is an EO/AA/ADA employer and educator.