University of Washington School of Public Health
Service Line Manager - Fred Hutchinson
Closing Date: unknown
Posted: December 6, 2017
The Service Line Manager is responsible for overseeing program development across multiple sites of practice (SCCA and UWMC) and all disciplines in the disease groups within their service line. The Service Line Manager is responsible for leading the development of the service line strategic plan across all Performance Commitment dimensions (e.g. highest quality care, financial stewardship, research, growth, access, and people). As the value stream manager, this position leads collaborations with all disease group stake holders to ensure patients receive the most effective, efficient, safest, and highest value service across the continuum of care. This role also develops and maintains knowledge of critical events that could impact scientific, regulatory, and other oncology practice changes in the industry.Skills/Eligibility:
- Business & Management - basic understanding of budgets, business planning, and work unit operations
- Critical Thinking – ability to synthesize a large amount of information and anticipate needs, draw accurate conclusions.
- Problem Solving – ability to grasp details of situation quickly and convert thinking from listening & learning to volunteering and facilitating solutions.
- Systems Thinking – ability to understand the flow of a process, how all pieces fit together, and how making a change will impact the entire system.
- Data Analytics – ability to understand data and how best to use it to gain a deeper understanding of what is happening or to make decisions.
- Communication – ability to communicate verbally, in writing, or through other forms of visualization to effectively convey an idea, concept, or specific information.
- Facilitation – ability to increase the likelihood, strength, or effectiveness of the outcome of a diverse group
- Presentation Skills – ability to present complex information in a way that effectively engages administrators and clinical leaders and provides a solid basis for understanding & decisions.
- Emotional Intelligence – ability to manage one’s own emotions and the emotions of others and apply them towards thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to work vertically and horizontally with people of various educational, professional, and organizational differences.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – High level of proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA, MPH, or MHA preferred
- 3+ years experience in healthcare required