University of Washington School of Public Health
Home Care Supervisor - Full Life Care
Closing Date: January 27, 2018
Posted: December 27, 2017
Who we are: Full Life Care helps adults of all ages with chronic illnesses, and physical or developmental disabilities. We are a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving people’s lives and supporting caregivers. Since the 1970s, we have helped thousands of individuals preserve their dignity and avoid living in a nursing home or in isolation.
- Check us out here: www.Fulllifecare.org
- To apply, submit resumes here: jobsatFulllifecare.org
Schedule includes :Flexible hours, following a M-F schedule; full-time basis with FULL benefits and competitive pay!
Compensation: +$18.50/hrly. Benefit package includes:
- Up to 27 PTO days just in the 1st year
- Paid sick leave
- 8 Holidays
- Medical Healthcare coverage with very low employee monthly premiums
- Dental Healthcare coverage with NO monthly premiums
- Vision coverage discount
- Tax Annuity medical plan (FSA)
- Multiple Retirement plans with Employer matching!
Job Title: Home Care Supervisor
Job Summary: Works in a team environment to manage, recruits, hires and supervises the Homecare aide workforce; responsibilities also include scheduling, team-oriented problem solving, documentation client/staff communication and reported changes in health; also works with case managers to ensure that client service plans are implemented and maintained, while providing assessments of homecare aides performance and the client’s well being, makes appropriate referrals and corrective actions.
Reports To : Assistant Program Manager
FLSA Status : Non-exempt
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the job:
- Administers the homecare aide workforce, in providing first-line of supervision;
- Ensures continuity and quality of care to clients by assisting in the homecare aide interviewing, orientation and performance related processes;
- Ensure a high level of safety at all worksites of the homecare aide by continually fostering a safety conscious and staff reporting practices and environment;
- Maintains strong organizational and Supervisory skills of homecare aide staff;
- Performs and prioritizes multiple functions, tasks and multiple changes in relation to client’s care;
- Assigns and monitors the work of all agency direct care personnel and contractors;
- Performs annual evaluations of all direct care staff, including on-site visits for observation and evaluation of care delivery;
- Promotes inter-agency and intra-agency communication to assure appropriate client care;
- Enforces Homecare services in compliance with agency philosophy, policies, procedures, and proper use of telephony and databases that are in use by the organization;
- Enforces homecare aide staff to comply with State licensing laws and regulations;
- Coordinates services provided to the client by communicating with homecare aides, case managers, and client family members;
- Provides the initial assessment visits, and required reassessment visits, and develops and revises the Home Care Service plan. Assures compliance with the Home Care Service Plan by agency direct care staff;
- Maintains current knowledge through attendance at in-service and continuing education programs;
- Assists in the implementation and oversight of the agency Homecare performance improvement plan;
- Assists with the evaluation development and revision of agency policies and procedures related to Home care services;
- Attends orientation and in-service training as required by the agency; along with all Homecare State WAC mandated trainings;
- Maintains a professional, compassionate and respectful environment by practicing good communication while adhering to the appropriate chain-in-reporting-command for reporting purposes;
- Following and abiding by agency’s policies and procedures as established;
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS of the job:
- Complete tasks as assigned by Supervisor;
Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- A minimum of working in a health or social services setting;
- Valid Driver’s license and automobile insurance verification, if applicable;
- Ability to engage in local travel;
- Must be able to read, write and take direction in English;
- A minimum of one year of Supervisory experience;
- Must be 18 years of age;
Educational Requirements Needed to perform the Duties of the job:
- Associate of Arts degree in social services, home economics, or related field;
Physical Requirements Needed to perform the Duties of the job:
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs;
Full Life Care reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Full Life Care is an equal opportunity employer (EEOC).
We have several Bachelor’s in Public Health employees in this position.