University of Washington School of Public Health
Research Manager - Cardea Services
Closing Date: January 17, 2018
Posted: January 3, 2018
Cardea is a national organization that provides training, organizational development, and research and evaluation services to health and human service organizations. Our mission is to improve organizations’ abilities to deliver accessible, high quality, culturally proficient, and compassionate services to their clients.
The Research Manager works collaboratively with the research and evaluation team and other Cardea staff on projects related to HCV, HIV, behavioral health, and other topics. This position reports directly to the Program and Impact Director.
- Designs and manages data systems required for research and evaluation projects
- Develops and implements data analysis plans involving univariate and multivariate procedures and other statistical methods, as appropriate
- Generates/contributes to reports, presentations, articles, and other dissemination products for funders, key stakeholders, and program partners
- Designs, develops, and delivers training and technical assistance to program partners on evaluation
- Produces abstracts, as well as presentations and posters, for conferences and meetings
- Develops, submits, and monitors related human subjects review materials
- Contributes to new business activities through networking and the development and preparation of proposals to public and private funders
- Participates in local, regional, and national meetings, as requested by the Leadership Team and/or Program and Impact Director
Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in public health, public administration, or a related field, with a concentration in epidemiology, biostatistics, or public policy analysis and evaluation
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative data management and analysis
- High level mastery of SPSS, R, SAS, or STATA
- Experience with Tableau software preferred
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex datasets and data collection systems
- Knowledge and experience in health and human service issues and experience in hepatitis C, HIV, behavioral health, and/or other related conditions preferred
- Knowledge and experience in working with diverse constituencies including public agencies, nonprofit organizations, and community groups and organizations and experience in working with American Indian/Alaska Native communities preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with co-workers, clients, and program partners
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks and in organizing and prioritizing work assignments and ongoing duties
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and adjust to dynamic work environment
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally with overnight stays
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
Cardea provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. Cardea complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in the workplace.
Cardea offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(K) retirement, and life and short-/long-term disability insurance. Cardea is on public transportation routes; supports flexible work schedules for employees; and is a business casual dress environment.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com by Wednesday, January 17, 2018. Please write “Research Manager” in the subject line.