University of Washington School of Public Health
Epidemiology Specialist II (Tobacco Prevention and Control Lead Evaluator PCN 06-1996) - State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Public Health
Closing Date: February 16, 2018
Posted: January 23, 2018
The Alaska Division of Public Health is now recruiting for an epidemiologist position:
- Epidemiology Specialist II (Alaska Tobacco Prevention and Control Program Evaluator)
Tobacco Prevention and Control Program Lead Evaluator
Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable death. The Alaska Tobacco Prevention and Control (TPC) Program addresses this by:
- Eliminating exposure to environmental tobacco smoke;
- Identifying and eliminating disparities experienced by population groups relative to tobacco and its use;
- Promoting quitting among adults and youth; and
- Preventing initiation of tobacco use among youth.
This position will help support epidemiology and evaluation activities of the TPC. For those interested, please click on the posting below to read more about what we’re looking for and see if you might be a good fit to join our Tobacco Evaluation team!