University of Washington School of Public Health
Research Associate-QA & Governance - Sage Bionetworks
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: February 6, 2018
Research Associate, QA & Governance
We are seeking a dynamic person to join the Sage Governance team in supporting Sage’s contribution to the NIH-funded All of Us Research Program and other open science initiatives that sit at the intersection of research, patient/citizen engagement and technology. This is a project-based role that will adapt to meet stakeholder needs.
The successful candidate will work across multi-disciplinary teams and maintain relationships with a variety of external partners. This will include guiding the review and reconciliation of implementation transactions to ensure compliance with goals, assist with quality improvement, incorporate feedback and build awareness of the projects status.
This position will also support other research collaborations with academic and/or industry partners by developing protocols, writing documentation, tracking implementation, and systematically assessing compliance with applicable research guidelines, ethical standards and regulations.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Help organize and support Sage’s contribution to the All of Us Research Program and other research initiatives.
- Write detailed technical correspondence for diverse audiences. Contribute to developing research protocols, consent documents and procedures.
- Read and comprehend research protocols. Identify study parameters and features.
- Keep the initiative community informed on new features, capabilities and project directions
- Provide guidance for timely implementation, document stakeholder feedback, evaluate unaddressed needs, and provide recommendations
- Conduct systematic evaluation on initiative implementation, compile report on findings and recommend corrective actions to investigators and staff as needed.
- Translate knowledge across boundaries to guide product development – helping clinicians and researchers understand technology and helping engineers understand biology and research ethics and regulation.
- Retain current knowledge of human research protection and data privacy regulations. Assess impact on projects and develop recommendations for appropriate implementations.
- Maintain compliance with applicable research guidelines and regulations and help with Institutional Review Board and other ethics regulatory filings
- BS or other scientific degree; emphasis on health science, public health and health education preferred
- Experience in human data protection and medical research
- Knowledge of principles pertaining to the ethical conduct of research and privacy regulations.
- Project management experience, preferably for scientific projects and with task tracking software
- Strong verbal, written and organization skills.
- 3+ years supporting research studies investigating human health and disease preferred
- Experience with software related to PM and/or product release management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in a collaborative team setting
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research organization that is dedicated to building and supporting open communities of collaborative research in human health and genomics. We are developing multiple initiatives designed to facilitate scientific collaborations and enable direct contributions of ideas and data from citizens to research projects.
Sage offers a comprehensive benefits package, including relocation benefits, to bring the right talent to the team. We are based in Seattle, WA and collaborate broadly throughout the world.
To apply, for this position please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.