University of Washington School of Public Health
Emergency Management Program Manager - King County Department of Executive Services
Closing Date: April 22, 2018
Posted: April 9, 2018
King County’s Office of Emergency Management is looking for an Emergency Management Program Manager. This position will coordinate and manage Emergency Management programs and projects involving inter-agency, inter-jurisdictional and multi-disciplinary coordination.
This position will be integral to planning and development for present and future services; and will involve daily interaction with senior-level management, elected officials, and multiple intergovernmental partners. This role requires a self-starter who is interpersonally and politically savvy, is a great problem solver and strategic thinker, and has passion for being a servant-leader for our community.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO:
- Are knowledgeable with current emergency management principles and practices and Federal, State and County laws and regulations pertaining to emergency management operations, programs and services; OR any combination of education and experience that clearly demonstrates the skill and ability to perform the job duties;
- Have executed and understand the current principles and practices in project management and program management;
- Can be strategic and collaborative in their approach to Program and Project Management;
- Are able to inspire vision and purpose in how we do our work;
- Are able to conceptualize, develop and implement strategies, systems, standards and plans for a wide variety of functions. Use continuous improvement techniques such as LEAN to accomplish these initiatives;
- Have a track record of developing and maintaining working relationships with a variety of constituents and individuals from diverse backgrounds;
- Are flexible and can adapt as required, while working in a multi-faceted and sometimes ambiguous environment;
- Are comfortable and proficient with the use of office productivity tools in daily work (the County uses Microsoft Office, and other online collaboration tools).