University of Washington School of Public Health
Advancement Service Officer - UW School of Public Health
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: April 11, 2018
The School of Public Health – Advancement has an outstanding opportunity for a full-time Advancement Service Officer.
The Advancement Services Officer is responsible for planning, coordinating and reporting advancement related activities within the School of Public Health. In this role, the Advancement Services Officer reports directly to the Assistant Dean for Advancement who works with academic leaders, volunteers, and advancement staff to ensure the identification, cultivation and solicitation of alumni, friends and prospects for the School. The Advancement Services Officer also works closely with the Associate and Assistant Directors of Advancement to coordinate work-flow and collaborate with special projects.
The Advancement Services Officer is the event lead for the SPH Office of Advancement; managing events and marketing, lectures and logistics, and vendor contracts. The Advancement Services Officer also manages donor stewardship activities, including the coordination of communication with volunteers and donors. The Advancement Services Officer provides oversight of day-to-day operations, including donor stewardship and administrative functions.
The Advancement Services Officer serves as the first point of contact for existing and potential donors including family of donors/potential donors. The Advancement Services Officer also serves as a liaison between the SPH Office of Advancement and other units and individuals at the University, including but not limited to the offices of the President, Provost, Dean, Department Chairs, Program Directors and individual schools, colleges and programs.
The effective execution of this role can lead to lifelong relationships between the SPH, UW, and donors/potential donors. The SPH and UW relies heavily on the generous giving of their donors. Cultivating and maintaining these relationships requires a refined sense of diplomacy and relationship cultivation. The Advancement Services Officer is a key contributor to advancing this work.
- Bachelors degree and at least 2 years in events management, marketing/communications, advancement or progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Independent decision making, strong attention to detail, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects and requests at once.
- Ability to work in an organized and professional manner under multiple deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with special attention to spelling and grammar.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with university students, faculty, staff, and the public
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Ecel, and PowerPoint for correspondence, special reports, spreadsheets, databases, forms, etc.
- A commitment to diversity in all aspects of work.
How to Apply:
The UW School of Public Health is committed to a diverse academic, staff, and student community. We view diversity, equity and inclusion as essential to our mission. Applicants are asked to submit a resume along with a cover letter to include a diversity statement that describes your experience (personally and/or professionally) related to diversity, inclusion and equity.”
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Workforce Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.