University of Washington School of Public Health
Front Desk Support Position for Graduate Student - UW
Closing Date: April 23, 2018
Posted: April 13, 2018
The University Honors Program has an outstanding opportunity for Undergraduate Honors Front Desk Program Support Position. We are seeking one graduate student for a 50% FTE Graduate Staff Assistant appointments, with an average of 20 hours/week, 220 hours total per quarter for Autumn, Winter & Spring 2018-19. This position is eligible for a tuition/fee waiver per the terms of the ASE union contract, along with GAIP health care benefits. They offer a valuable hands-on opportunity to participate with higher education professionals in the daily work of the Honors Program.
Position will be able to:
• Provide general representation of the Honors Program to the public/stakeholders via phone, email, walk ins
• Manage Drop-in advising logistics
• Maintain telephone and email correspondence / management
• Assembe weekly announcements into a blog, monitoring the inbox/listservs for event related mailings, sending weekly announcements digest
• Manage internal space reservations / calendaring
• Oversee technology / resource checkout
• Provide event support
• Provide application processing support (Freshman, Late and Transfer admits as well as Scholarships)
• Available to assist Honors staff in a variety of presentations to public/perspectives/etc
• Assist all Honors staff with tasks and duties as necessary
• Coordinate meetings with potential students and families as needed for general recruitment efforts
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: September 16, 2018 – June 15, 2019.
HOURS: Approximately 20 hours per week in the Honors Pro
• Must be formally enrolled in a program in the UW Graduate School for at least 10 credits during Autumn, Winter and Spring Quarters 2018-2019.
• Working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, & Outlook
• General knowledge/interest in student advising and programs
• Equally comfortable working as a team and autonomously.
• Penchant for organization as well as seeking thorough direction and asking questions when appropriate
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Discreetly manage confidential personal data be sensitive to complex diversity/multicultural/socioeconomic issues and educational disadvantage;
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
• Previous participation or direct affiliation with the UW Honors Program or other undergraduate honors programs, demonstrating a practical understanding of the program’s mission and values;
• Thorough knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, at colleges/universities and specifically at UW; and
Cover letter and applications must be submitted via the UW Hires system. No additional materials will be accepted or considered.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position.”
Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
In this process applicants must submit a response to the above questions in lieu of a traditional cover letter.
The Honors Program is committed to providing a safe and welcoming space to people of all genders, religions, national origins, races, disabilities, sexual orientations, ethnicities, and documentation statuses. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Inquiries for this position can be made with Kelly Chapman at email@example.com.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: April 23, 2018.