University of Washington School of Public Health
Partnership For Success Coordinator - JAMHI Health and Wellness
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: April 18, 2018
Description: The Partnership for Success Coordinator is tasked with managing a SAMHSA grant that utilizes the Strategic Prevention Framework with the express goal of reducing and preventing the misuse of opioids in Juneau. The work is centered around coalition building and leadership, policy development, and community education.
- Promotes knowledge about and implementation of Strategic Prevention Framework
- Educates community on prescription opioid and heroin misuse
- Develops collaborative relationships with prevention providers, civic groups, policy makers and target audiences
- Monitors successful completion of required deliverables as identified through the grant with the Department of Health and Social Services
- Performs ongoing evaluation of coalition’s strategic initiatives
- Plans and facilitates monthly coalition meetings, write and distribute meeting minutes
- Provides education presentations in a variety of settings
- Provides educational information in a variety of health fairs
- Plans and coordinates focus groups, workshops, and town hall meetings as needed
- Maintains social media presences for the coalition through Facebook, Twitter, or other approved micro blogging platforms
- Assists in grant management activities by submitting timely reports and performance measures
- Promotes media awareness surrounding project goals, activities, and successes
- Serves on area task forces/advisory committees to represent substance abuse prevention
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse populations
- Possesses technical and evaluation skills necessary to meet data and reporting needs
- Experienced in program management, marketing and social media skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal networking skills and ability to motivate others
- Good organizational and event planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have vehicle and valid AK driver’s license mandatory.
- Ability to pass background and fingerprint check