University of Washington School of Public Health
Quality Improvement Advisor - Shift-Results
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: April 19, 2018
Shift-Results is a boutique consulting firm that specializes in improving outcomes in education, health, and social services both nationally and globally. We partner with communities to build the capacity of their leaders to run effective improvement initiatives and transform their field of practice. These improvement initiatives utilize improvement science methods and community organizing principles to accelerate the adoption of best practice. We engage multi-disciplinary stakeholders to set aims for the work, design practical measures and data collection systems to track progress towards aims, identify the high leverage changes that will impact outcomes, engage frontline improvement teams in trying and adapting changes for the local context, and innovate new ideas to make an impact.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that celebrating diversity and creating inclusive and equitable workplaces are critical not only to our success in our work, but also to creating a positive change in the world.
Shift-Results is an equal opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are decided upon on merit, competence, performance, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Shift-Results has an exciting opening for a quality improvement professional to join our team in Seattle. We are a boutique consulting firm with projects in health, education, and social services. Our team supports learning networks, collaboratives, and other quality improvement initiatives through all phases of their projects. Our ideal candidate has experience applying quality improvement methods in these fields, skilled at data-driven problem solving, and passionate about making a difference.
Specific Skills/Areas of Expertise
- Designing and implementing improvement projects
- Training and coaching teams in quality improvement skills
- Experience with data for quality improvement
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Public health, education, or other social services experience required. Postgraduate degree desired.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience including data collection, analysis, and quality improvement.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with quality improvement project design and implementation, learning networks, or improvement collaboratives.
- Application of improvement science in pursuit of increased equity in health care, education and social services.
- Excellent facilitation, training, and coaching skills strongly desired. Excellent problem-solving, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels.
- Capacity to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Willingness to travel.
Salary and Benefits
Shift-Results offers a competitive salary and benefits.How to Apply:
Please introduce yourself and send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to: https://shift-results.com/careers/